Monday, 28 December 2015

A Cauldron

Happy Holidays!
Well, technically, Christmas is over but its not yet too late to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and Happy Holidays. I haven't blogged in a while, so maybe this will serve as my recent life update. I guess.


Well recently, I've been into trying faux calligraphy and all that glam. I still suck in in but practice makes perfect right? Everything still looks messy and I managed to have an error with the 'who' making it look like 'uho'. Like said, everything looks messy as I'm still looking for a holy grail pen that'll just magically make things better. One pen though is standing out, and it's the Uni Pin Fineline. I love Uni Pins, I actually use the fine line in .005 for my class notes just because they're so thin and I have small hand writing. Alongside that, I've also been doodling a lot recently. The last three are my kinda recent works, all either continued or remade due to errors.


Next up are the things that I received this Christmas this year and the first thing, well things, are from my sister and my brother in law, which are books. I actually got this in advance, around November-ish, I think.
So, carry on, number one is Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes. This book, I've been dying to buy since Rick announced that he was releasing this. I just want to put it out there how much I love Greek mythology and how Percy Jackson made me love it more. Prior reading this book, I re-read my PJ's Greek Gods one (especially the start and Hades and Apollo's chapters) just to recall some information about the Greek gods. As for this book, I have to say that my favourite one is Psyche's chapter, even though I already read her story in one of my literature classes, it's just that the love story between Psyche and Eros is just something you'd (I) want to find in life. To think that someone would go through all that just to be with the person they love. End rant. Another reason why I got this book was because of the artwork in the middle. I have to say that it was the only reason that lured me to buy the actual book rather than the ebook or audiobook (if there is one).
Next is Lang Leav's books. To be honest at first I was against buying her books just because of her books doesn't really occupy most of the page. My brain was screaming "Save the trees!" when I opened one of her books. Though, I have to say that she writes beautifully and her works inspire me to write again. My favourite out of all her books is her second book, Lullabies.
Lastly, this wasn't really a gift, I kinda forced them to buy me the UNO cards game.


The next two gifts are from my cousin and a gift I bought for myself. Firstly is the one from my cousin which says Scribble. Its a 2016 planner that has inspirational quotes and alluring post-modern calligraphy watercolour artworks.
The second one is a journal that I bought for myself in advance, around October-ish, I think? I bought this mainly for journal purposes as to I somehow killed my blog back then and stick to journals. But around the same month I re-opened my blog, which is this one. Weird. But yeah, this notebook mainly has blog post drafts because I don't have a blogger app on my phone (and the app kinda sucks, not gonna lie) or like lists of video projects, photography projects, information on who's gonna model where, all just stuff that would somehow make me organized. But mainly, it's just like a journal/diary.


And lastly for the Christmas gifts that I've received this year is from my mum. My mum gave me her old polaroid camera which is a Fujifilm Instax mini 50. My mum had this camera even when I was a kid. She bought this in Japan many years back, and the amazing thing is that it still works! I love it. As for my dad, if you're wondering, my dad gave me money. Very much needed money that'll make me decide whether I'd buy a new camera now or save up for something better in the future.

Well, all in all, I'm thankful for everything that I received this year.

Love lots!


No comments:

Post a Comment