Saturday, 2 January 2016

Twenty Sixteen

“For everything in this journey of life we are on, there is a right wing and a left wing: for the wing of love there is anger; for the wing of destiny there is fear; for the wing of pain there is healing; for the wing of hurt there is forgiveness; for the wing of pride there is humility; for the wing of giving there is taking; for the wing of tears there is joy; for the wing of rejection there is acceptance; for the wing of judgment there is grace; for the wing of honor there is shame; for the wing of letting go there is the wing of keeping. We can only fly with two wings and two wings can only stay in the air if there is a balance. Two beautiful wings is perfection. There is a generation of people who idealize perfection as the existence of only one of these wings every time. But I see that a bird with one wing is imperfect. An angel with one wing is imperfect. A butterfly with one wing is dead. So this generation of people strive to always cut off the other wing in the hopes of embodying their ideal of perfection, and in doing so, have created a crippled race.” 
― C. JoyBell C.


Twenty Fifteen in one word was a journey. It was a journey towards becoming a greater person... in some way. 2015 for me was a journey of losing and finding myself. This year I managed to be someone who I don't really want to be but at the same time, have some time for the real me in front of my best friends and family. But on the latter part of the year, I decided to not care anymore about what people will think of me, because what they think doesn't really matter.


I spent the majority of this year as a struggling college sophomore, managing to (barely) pass two major subjects and six minor ones. As a student, I have to say that it wasn't my best year. I left things to the last minute, I skipped some classes (mostly because I was sick) and even disregard important papers. Not cool at all. Also this year, I managed to somehow save-up some money for myself, as I am trying to invest in a new camera for my blog. 


This year, I've also been given the chance to perform as a pianist for a major concert of our university. It was the first time for the extension program to be a part of a major concert as it it's kinda a big deal. I was so honoured be one of the students from the extension class chosen to be part of the concert. It was a big deal for me because I just started to learn piano earlier this year, and I don't think that I'm in that level that I should be performing in front of a crowd, especially when I messed up my first recital back then. But all I know is that this year was a chance for me to find something I love and actually commit and do it.

As I have said, this year was somehow a door for me to be part of a lot of things and one of those is an online magazine wherein I am part of the staff, I'm the web editor for the Charlie n Charlotte magazine which as launched last June 21st. The magazine is about letting the free spirit of the wonder youth roam and be, well, free. Its for the wanderlust and the lost. From this magazine, I met managed to be friends with one of my old schoolmates who I've been wanting to befriend for a very long time but don't really have the courage to. I actually conducted an interview with her that you can find HERE, which was entitled, "Yara Arini: Young Allegory".

So far, I'm proud of what happened in 2015, for having the courage to do some of the things I wanted to do, for going back to this online world, for being a part of a team, for finally finding the inner Chopin in me, for making a progress in the journey of finding myself.

Happy New Year everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment