Sunday, 27 March 2016

five-forty eight



Hello.

I’m writing this down before I forget again. I’m scared that if I don’t and won’t, I might not write it at all.

I checked the clock and the calendar a while ago, it’s 5:48. And it’s been one year, three months, and one week today since I left.

Have you moved on? Have you found someone new? I’m saying that I hope you do but deep inside, I don’t mean it. I miss you. And it’s so greedy that I want you to wait for me even though I might not come back. I want you to wait for me. I want you to tell me that you love me, when most of the time, I don’t even know you.

But its 5:48 and I remember everything – how we met, how we fell in love.

It’s 5:48 and I’m listening to the song you made for me. The song you always sing whenever we fought, whenever we broke up, and you want to make up. For our four years, seven months, and three week long relationship, we broke up eighteen times, and made up for seventeen. That was just how we were, that’s just how we roll. We fight, we break up, we make up, we fall deeper in love.

Arthur, I want to go back home... to you. I want to sing you that song and never leave.

I don’t want to be sick anymore. I don’t want to wonder why I feel sand and giddy at the same time whenever your song plays on the radio. I don’t to just remember you for five minutes and question why I’m crying when time runs out.

I don’t want to be scared of the fact that I might not remember you at all.

Arthur, I still play your songs sometimes. Other times that I do, I surprise myself that I could even play. I play and sing along even though I don’t know you. It’s crazy.

Arthur, time’s running out. I can feel it. Maybe someday, I can go back home – to you. Maybe I could write you another letter.

Arthur, its 5:48 and I’m listening to the song you made, I’m singing the lyrics we wrote. I’m singing our love story.

Arthur, I love you. Always and forever. I love you.


Hello Arthur, I’m writing this down before I forget again, I’m scared that if I don’t


Arthur, who are you?

Why am I writing to you?


Who are you?

Why am I writing to you?

This one is one of my favourite favourite works and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I've been wanting to write something that was inspired by something so unusually usual. The title was supposed to be 8:11 since I tend to check the time at that moment. Weirdly enough, I got attached to the time in some way. Anyway, I got stuck with the title 5:48 since I wrote the letter during that time.

Maybe it's one of my favourite works because it's something that could have this long story behind it and sometimes, I imagine scenarios that'd fit with the letter. Like how the girl's forgetful since the start of the story until she forgets everything and remember the person she loves from for a certain amount of time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this short story! I always admire those who can pen these kind of stuff, something that I'm not capable of doing (well) right now.
    Also, do you have a follow button I can click? I've been looking for it but can't find it..?
    Mind checking out my blog? :)
    Z.
    www.myhopefulpencil.blogspot.com
    Instagram: @hopefulpencil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! thank you! I have to say that this is one of my favourite works ever. and you can follow me through bloglovin here xx

      Delete